Join Gertie's Community

Search

21 August 2012

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Over the last year I've been spending significant amounts of time away from GF due to work commitments, family trips and a general need to get away from each other and i must agree with the old adage, absence does make the heart grow fonder. Not only do I miss my significant other when we're apart, I also have a greater appreciation for his contribution to the running of the house, in dealing with the children and in keeping me sane.

I think Tim Burton and Helena Bonham-Carter have it right! (if you can afford to live in adjoining houses next door to each other) Sadly, I can't so I am making the most of my time away from my man. The way I see it, there are some real positives to long distance dating...

1, Cut the BS. You're on the phone having chats that turn into an argument, you can hang up! He says something you don't like, hang up! You're just not in the mood to talk? Well you get the gist. I'm really enjoying the ability to switch off and in my opinion, it's an excellent tool to use in behavioural training.

2, Skype Sex. It's a revelation!

3, Ann Summers. Stock up on sex toys for you, lingerie for the Skype sessions and extras for both of you when you finally get to see each other. This is a great opportunity to spice up your sex life so make the most of it!

4, Catch up with yourself. Without the drain on your attentions, see friends you never get to catch up with, read more, watch the chick flicks he hates etc etc...

5, Zen. Think about your happiness levels and work out if anything needs to be changed or improved on. I always 'debate' more rationally when I have headspace to think things through and find that this is when I can really make things happen and affect positive change. When you live with someone it becomes easy to go on and on about the things you want to change until it becomes white noise and they stop listening. Instead, come up with a positive plan for change and put it into effect!

Having time away from your other half can be a really positive thing. Use the time wisely!

G x

0 comments:

Post a Comment