Join Gertie's Community

Search

30 January 2013

Maternity Style


Since my first pregnancy, maternity clothes have advanced immeasurably in quality, style and availability but I still have a problem with the price of some of the "cooler" labels. It's wearable for 6 - 12 months for goodness sake! Having said this, I do invest in a couple of new pieces for each pregnancy. Just so I don't feel like an old bag lady swathing myself in any elasticated garments that fit me. I get enough pitying looks at the school gates as it is!

My favourite maternity ranges are Topshop and ASOS. Both provide great quality garments but Topshop are no. 1 for maternity jeans which really do last forever and look good. ASOS provide an amazing range so whether you need gym wear, pyjamas, maternity shapewear or glam evening dresses - you can find it all.

Daytime winter looks must be easy and here are a few items I think are perfect!

Ikat Arrow Flippy Dress (Topshop)
Style with tights, flat black boots and a tailored jacket for a stylish but easy look perfect for lunch with the girls.


Tile Print Vest (Topshop)
Dress up with trousers and heals or team with boyfriend jeans and trainers for the school run.


Lace Back Vest (Topshop)
Wear with jeans, heals and statement accessories for a dinner date.


Knitted Wrap Cardigan (ASOS) Warm, easy to wear and a great shape throughout your pregnancy, this is my essential piece.


Skinny Jeans Distressed Vintage Finish Comfortable, fashionable, daily wear. Great colour too!

Rock that bump!



0 comments:

Post a Comment